Sunday, July 03, 2005

Tomorrow is the day - I'm off the thyroid replacement and on my low-iodine diet. I prepared for the loss of dairy products last night by stopping at Cabot's Ice Cream in Newton, MA for a coffee frappe (or a coffee cabinet in Rhode Islandese.) Cabot's is a classic old ice cream parlor, and going in there is like stepping back into the '50's (except for the prices, which are definitely 21st Century.) They make a great frappe, which you can't say about a lot of places around here.

So my frequency of posting may go down a bit, since the letter I got from my doctor claims I'll be experiencing "excessive fatigue" due to hypothyroidism. Sounds like fun. Between the fatigue, the radiation and no ice cream in July it's going to be a tough 23 days, but I'm just going to have to suck it up and tough it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker