Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm finally getting around to voting for the All-Star team. I have a kind of mixed philosphy of voting for All-Stars. It's a mix of stats, personal feelings and who I want to see in the game. I'll also vote for a guy because it seems like a good idea at the time.

So here's my ballot. I'll give a brief explanation where necessary:

American League:

1B: David Ortiz, Red Sox: Yes, he's not having the greatest year for power, and he doesn't play first much except in interleague, but he's Big Papi, dammit.

2B: B.J. Upton, Tampa Bay: No one candidate jumps out at me at 2nd. Pedroia and Brian Roberts also got some fairly serious consideration. Plus, I don't think I have ever voted for a D-Ray before.

SS: Carlos Guillen, Detroit: I can't bring myself to vote for Jeter, and Guillen is having a pretty impressive year.

3B: Alex Rodriguez, New York: My dislike of the Yankees is really offset here by the fact that there isn't anyone else really close, is there?

C: Victor Martinez, Cleveland: I have been very impressed with this guy ever since he came up, and he leads the catchers on the ballot in both home runs and RBI.

OF: Magglio Ordonez, Tigers, Vladimir Guerrero, Angels, Torii Hunter, Twins: All three guys have great numbers and I love watching Hunter in the outfield.

National League votes tomorrow night, folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker