Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Part 2 of the Pennsylvania trip, written as I watch game 1 of the Sox-Yankees series at the Stadium. It's tied 3-3 in the 7th as I write this.

Duck Tour: The same day we saw the rest of the historical stuff, we took a Duck Tour. If you have never heard of them, you ride around town in a World War II vintage amphibious vehicle - over 2,000 of them were utilized in the D-Day landings. When I worked at the Prudential Center, I could see the loading area for the Boston Duck Tours from my window. I would watch the crowds of people handing over about $20 a head for a 90 minute ride and I would wonder, "Why didn't I come up with this?"

Anyways, since the Ducks are amphibious, the tour included a drive through the historic district, and a cruise on the Delaware River. The guide was both informative and very funny, and made the whole experience a lot of fun.

Joba Chamberlain just retired the side in the 8th with the Sox down 5-3. This kid is incredible - if he's not the heir apparent to Mariano, I'm not sure what the Yankees are thinking about.

Cheesesteaks! Can't go to Philly without having a cheesesteak. A. did some research to pick the best cheesesteak in the Old City area, and she did a great job in picking Sonny's, a short walk from Ben Franklin's house (I'm sure Ben would have been a regular if Sonny's had been around 250 years ago). Bare bones atmosphere, but excellent steaks with a choice of cheese - I went for the traditional Cheez Whiz, of course!

I'll move on to the last parts of the Philly trip tomorrow night: the Franklin Institute, Camden's Adventure Aquarium and our experience at the Cherry Hill Marriott Residence Inn. Sox continue to be down 5-3 with Rivera coming in for the 9th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker