Thursday, December 13, 2007

In case you haven't listened to the radio, watched TV or read any kind of news or sports Web site today, the Mitchell Report on the use of performance enhancers in baseball was released today. I haven't read the report (it's about 400 pages), but I did hear Senator George Mitchell's and Bud Selig's press conferences and I have read a bunch of reports online.

I'm not shocked by any of the names in the report. I'm well past the point where anyone popping up as a steroid user is surprising anymore. There were certainly plenty of of star names: the list contained seven MVP's and 31 all-stars. The biggest names on the list were Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens.

Clemens is a particular disappointment for me. I first saw Roger pitch with the Pawsox in 1984 before he got called up to Boston. I have followed him his entire career and I'm saddened that a guy like him, who already had so much talent, felt the need to cheat.

I said it about Bonds and I'll say the same thing about Clemens: cheaters don't belong in the Hall of Fame. I don't care what their statistics are or what kind of careers they had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker