Thursday, January 31, 2008

The whole city is awash in Patriot Mania (with good reason), but I just watched the Celtics play an outstanding game. They just beat one of the better teams in the West, the Dallas Mavericks, 96-90. Making the win even better is the fact that they did it without Kevin Garnett, who sat out the game with an abdominal strain.

The thing that I'm enjoying about the Celtics is that they are really starting to gel as a team. When a guy like KG or Ray Allen is out, it seems like some of the other players like Kendrick Perkins or Tony Allen or Leon Powe steps up. And Paul Pierce seems to be thriving in this situation. He doesn't have to the The Man every night, and I think winning agrees with him big time.

I'm hoping for a parade on Tuesday. Dare I hope for another one in June? For the first time in about 15 years, I think there's a realistic chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker