Thursday, November 20, 2003

We do quite a bit of shopping by mail order. Because of this, we get just about every catalog in the universe. Especially now, when the holiday shopping season is gearing up. I'm amazed that our mailbox is able to bear up under the strain of all the catalogs we get.

The only good news is that we're pretty good about recycling, so at least the catalogs we toss don't go completely to waste.

Batman is coming to Framingham this weekend!!! Yes, Adam West, the guy who played the Caped Crusader on the campy '60's TV show, is going to be at a collectibles show over at the Sheraton hotel.

This particular incarnation of Batman was a huge deal during my formative years. When I was about four years old I had a Batman cape and would spend hours running around the neighborhood wearing it and keeping Pawtucket safe from the likes of the Riddler and the Joker. I would cry if I missed the show - no VCRs or TIVO in those days, kids! You had to wait until the reruns came around if you missed an episode.

I saw Adam West once before, at a Creation Convention in New York many years ago. I'm not sure if I'm going to go to the collectors show or not. The tickets are pretty pricey - $16 and I'm sure that West is going to charge for signing. It's a tough call, but I've got a little time to make up my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker