Friday, August 13, 2004

Greetings from Vermont!

On our drive up today, we stopped at a rest stop just south of Concord, NH. J. and I inspected the facilities and then went into the lobby to wait for A. and R. As we were waiting, I heard someone call my name. I turned around and saw an old Starfleet friend, who I hadn't seen since a funeral almost a year and a half ago. It was a really odd coincidence. I mean, what are the odds you are going to meet someone you know at a rest stop in New Hampshire?

We were all pretty tired by the time we got up here. Between stops for lunch and grocery shopping, it took us the whole afternoon to get here. We also had to take two cars - I removed all the seats from the minivan so that we could take some things we wanted to bring home. It was a bit strange driving up here separately, although we were in contact by walkie-talkie the whole way up. We hit a couple of downpours coming up I-89 in NH, but other than that the ride up was without incident.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing week. More updates later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker