Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I didn't see Scott Podsednik's walk-off home run in Game 2 of the World Series on Sunday night.

Why not? Because World Series games run far too late.

I watched the game from the time it started at 8:20 PM until after Paul Konerko hit his grand slam in the 7th giving the White Sox a 2 run lead. At this point it was 11:00. I get up at 5:30 in the morning to catch a 6:45 train, so I decided it was time to turn in, figuring the White Sox bullpen would probably hold on to the lead.

So I missed the Astros rally in the 9th off Bobby Jenks, and I missed the 14th walk-off homer in World Series history.

I don't understand why Major League Baseball and Fox can't get together to start games earlier, at least on the weekends. There is no reason Sunday night's game couldn't have gotten underway at 7:20 instead of 8:20. Same with Saturday. Not only would I have seen the entire game on Sunday, my kids could have stayed up to watch a couple of innings of the game.

I understand why they start the games late on weekdays. Advertising rates are higher in prime time, and people on the west coast would have no way to see the game if it started before 5:00 their time. But there is no reason they can't start earlier on the weekend. How about it, Bud Selig?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker