Wednesday, October 19, 2005

One strike away.

I feel your pain, Astros fans. I've been there.

I wish I had stayed up to watch the end of the game. After Lance Berkman hit that home run in the 7th to put the Astros up 4-2, I felt pretty good about their chances with that bullpen. It was getting late and I had to get up early.

Of course, I found out what happened the next morning. Lidge had gotten two outs with no one on in the 9th. He got to two strikes on David Eckstein, the Eckstein hit a single through the left side of the infield. Jim Edmonds walked, then Albert Pujols hit a three-run homer to win the game.

So we're in game 6 back at Busch Stadium, and the Astros are up 3-0. Mark Mulder just didn't have it tonight, and he left after 4 and 2/3. Roy Oswalt has been incredible so far.

We'll see if the Astros can hold on, but I have to admit, there are few things I love more than a game 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker