Sunday, October 02, 2005

We made it!

Yes, the Sox made the playoffs by beating the Yankees 10-1 today. The suspense was over even before the final score was recorded, as the White Sox completed a sweep of the Indians at the Jake this afternoon. So Boston goes into the post-season for the third consecutive year, the first time in team history that has been accomplished.

So, without further ado, here are my post-season predictions, along with my votes for the major post-season awards. Check back in three weeks and see how I did.

Division Series

Boston vs. Chicago: Red Sox in 4 games. Manny and Papi prove to be too much for the White Sox.

New York vs. Los Angeles: Angels in 5 games. The Angels bullpen keeps them ahead of the Yankees and Vladimir Guererro clobbers the Yankees pitching. Since the Big Unit can only pitch one game, I give the edge to LA.

San Diego vs. St. Louis: Cardinals in 3. Do we really even have to discuss this?

Houston vs. Atlanta: Astros in 5. The 'Stros big 3 (Clemens, Pettite and Oswalt) overcome the overcome the most famous Jones Boys since Indiana and Henry.

League Championship Series

Boston vs. Los Angeles: Angels in 7. I hate to say it, but the Sox inconsistent pitching does them in. Of course, I really hope I'm wrong on this one.

Houston vs. St. Louis: Astros in 7. I changed my mind on St. Louis. The Cardinals pitching staff has been slumping lately, and the Astros have tested big game pitchers in Pettite and Clemens. So the Astros get to their first World Series.

World Series: Houston vs. Los Angeles: The Astros become the 4th consecutive wild card team to win the World Series.

Postseason Awards

AL MVP: David Ortiz
NL MVP: Albert Puhols
AL Cy Young: Bartolo Colon
NL Cy Young: Dontrelle Willis
AL Rookie of the Year: Houston Street
NL Rookie of the Year: Ryan Langerhans
AL Manager of the Year: Eric Wedge
NL Manager of the Year: Bobby Cox

2 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger The Hey said...

Well, at the very least I'm glad to see that the Yankees fans have to stay up until 2am to watch a game this time.

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NL MVP: Andruw Jones
NL Rookie: Jeff Francouer

Otherwise, I agree. Houston's been a bit inconsistent in their pitching, too, but I can see them winning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker