Friday, September 30, 2005

Tied, once again.

The Sox took game 1 of the big showdown at Fenway with the Yankees. David Wells got off to a shaky start but settled down, keeping the Yankees off balance with his curveball. Now the season has two days left. If either the Sox or Yankees win two, they win the East. If they split, we have a playoff game in the Bronx Monday night.

Like I need more stress in my life, eh?

One thing that worked out very nicely is that since the Sox were blacked out locally on ESPN, we got the Indians-White Sox game instead, making it easy to keep up with that one. Right now it's 1-1 in the 11th inning. Obviously, Cleveland's success against the White Sox this weekend has a bearing on the Red Sox and Yankees.

I was chatting with my friend Bismo last night, and we were discussing the Sox-Yankees series this weekend. I didn't think I would be quite as obsessive about the Red Sox winning this year after they finally won it all in 2004, but I find that's not the case. I still want them to win as much as I ever did, but there isn't the "are they ever going to win it before I die?" urgency I felt in the past.

Actually, Bismo's son had a very sensible take on the Red Sox success. He said that they should win the World Series about every 10 years so that kids would always be able to see it. I could live with that.

Indians and White Sox go to the 12th...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker