Tuesday, September 12, 2006

- Has a Red Sox team fallen so far, so fast since 1978? At the beginning of action on August 18, the Sox were only 1 and 1/2 games behind the Yankees before the Boston Massacre II. Now they are 10 and 1/2 out, a loss of 9 games in three and a half weeks. I know there have been injuries to most of our best players, but could anyone have forseen this? Did anyone think we would be completely out of the playoff chase with more than 2 weeks to play? I sure didn't.

- With Deion Branch gone, who the heck is Brady going to throw the ball to?

- David Ortiz was saying that Derek Jeter shouldn't win the MVP because he doesn't drive in a lot of runs or hit homers, plus he gets to hit in that Yankee lineup. I would agree, but Papi wouldn't be my choice either, given the fall of the Sox. Jermaine Dye, Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer would be the guys I would put ahead of Ortiz.

- My Dell laptop at work started acting wierd the other day and our IT staff had to come replace it. I can count on one hand the number of times I have had to take my Apple computers in for repairs, and still have fingers left over. I'll also point out that I have been using Apple computers for 23 years, starting with an Apple IIe my college roommate had.

- I know what I'm watching Friday night. The Padres vs. the Dodgers, with Boomer Wells going up against Greg Maddux. That would be 559 combined wins in that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker