Tuesday, October 24, 2006

- I have seen Drew Bledsoe throw a lot of bad passes over the years. Even when he was at the top of his game with the Patriots, he would throw a pass into traffic or just make an ill advised throw. If he was lucky, it would fall incomplete. If he wasn't, it would be intercepted.

At the end of the first half in last night's Cowboys-Giants matchup, however, Bledsoe probably threw the worst pass I had ever seen him throw. It was aimed at another ex-Pat, Terry Glenn. It was, of course, intercepted by the Giants Sam Madison. It was so bad, Bill Parcells removed Bledsoe from the game in the second half, replacing him with backup Tony Romo, who went on to throw three more picks.

I heard a bit of the Tuna's post-game press conference on the radio this morning and let's just say he didn't sound too happy with his team's performance in the 36-22 loss. Will Bledsoe hang around to be a backup, or will he go off to his ranch in Montana? Who knows?

- I'm finding I am watching more regular, prime-time TV than I have in years. I currently have five shows, Heroes, Boston Legal, Smallville, The Office and Battlestar Galactica in my regular rotation. Of course, my favorite guilty pleasure, American Idol will be added in January. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the shows or the fact that we have a DVR that lets me time shift to watch at my convenience, but it's been a while since I kept up with this many shows.

- The DVR hasn't helped me keep up to date. I'm exactly a week behind; I watched last week's episode of Heroes last night. I'm mostly blaming it on the baseball playoffs, since I'm watching the games most nights instead of whatever I have recorded. We'll see if I can stay caught up after the World Series.

- Got a good deal on some Celtics tickets. They are selling "Family Packs", which include 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas, starting at $99 and ramping up from there based on seat location and opponent. I splurged for the Loge seats the day after Thanksgiving against the Knicks for $179, which I still think is a pretty good deal. It's very reminiscent to me of the deals I saw many baseball teams offering this summer as I watched the local feeds on the Extra Innings package. Since the Celtics can't put fannies in the seats the way the Red Sox and Patriots can, they're going to have to offer some incentives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker