Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Almost 3 and 1/2 years ago, I posted this entry on my blog regarding a trip to McCoy Stadium that happened to coincide with the AAA debut of a young Red Sox prospect named Dustin Pedroia. I certainly was impressed by my first look at a ballplayer who was being touted as potentially having a future as a major leaguer.

As much as I liked young Dustin that summer night in Pawtucket, I certainly had no idea that a few years later I would be congratulating him on winning the American League MVP award. I hope Pedey is savoring his award right now, and every baseball analyst who said he was too small and that his swing is too big is eating his words. Rookie-of-the Year, Gold Glove, Silver Slugger, World Series ring and now MVP. Pretty good for a guy who just finished his second full season, eh?

2 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dustin P was our son's pick for American League MVP before his name was officially announced. David was telling him the day it was announced that he picked the right person.

Wendy L.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger gojohn said...

Nice to see another successful PawSox guy, Dustin is something else!

John

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker