Friday, May 07, 2010

I have no idea what to make of this team.

I speak, of course, of the 15-14 Boston Red Sox. I have no idea what to make of the Bruins, either, but for completely different reasons.

The Sox just completed a four game sweep of the Los Angeles California Angels of Anaheim, Orange County Edition. This domination of a team that went to the ALCS comes on the heels of being swept by the Baltimore Orioles, a team that is now 4-19 against the non-Boston teams of the American League.

Will the real Boston Red Sox please stand up?

I think (hope) that the real Red Sox are closer to the team we saw the last few days. Strong starting pitching (except Daisuke), some exceptional defense (led by Dustin Pedroia) and timely hitting (14 of Jeremy Hermida's 16 RBI have come with two outs) were the rule during the Angels series.

The Yankees come into town tonight. If we can take at least 2 of 3, I'll start to believe again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker