Saturday, October 18, 2003

Talk about adding insult to injury...

I spoke to my brother this evening. He's been out of town on business all week, so we hadn't had time to talk about the end of the ALCS. After we discussed the game, he tells me that he had arranged through a friend of his to get me two tickets to Game 1 of the World Series if it had been played in Boston. Instead, I spent the evening watching the episode of Smallville I taped a week and a half ago.

So, what's going to happen to Grady? I can't see any way the Red Sox can bring him back. If you're around my age or older, I'm sure you remember what it was like for Don Zimmer after 1978. He was booed every time he walked out of the dugout until he was fired at the end of the 1980 season. That would be mild compared to the treatment Grady Little would get from the fans. Can you imagine what it would be like when he got introduced on Opening Day? Given how PR and fan conscious the Henry ownership team is, I can't imagine they'll pick up his option or extend his contract.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker