Monday, October 06, 2003

There are few things worse than being sick on a holiday, but I'm there. Today is Yom Kippur and I skipped services because I've been nauseous and had a headache all day. I took a three-hour nap and I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow, since I have a ton of stuff to do at work. I actually went in on Saturday for a few hours since I knew I would be out today and wanted to get a jump on a few things.

I've experienced this phenomenon before, though. It's almost as though my body knows it has a day or two off and decides to let my defenses down. I've usually been working my butt off or had something stressful going on for the few days or weeks before it happens. In this case, the work (the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act plus the usual end-of-quarter deadlines) and stress (the announcement of the sale of my company last week) no doubt combined to lay me low today. Once we get past quarter-end, I'll have to take a mental health day, but until then I'll just have to cowboy up.

Speaking of cowboying up, we have another phenomenal win by the Olde Towne Team at Fenway yesterday. Without getting into too many details about the game, it was nice to see the big boys, i.e., Garciaparra, Ramirez and Ortiz, step up and get the job done in the bottom of the 8th inning of game 4. Both games were incredibly exciting, as my kids will attest. The sight of Daddy jumping and dancing around as the Sox won was pretty funny as far as they were concerned.

Along with most folks, I think the Red Sox have a decided advantage over Oakland tonight with Pedro pitching on his normal turn while Zito pitches on short rest. Hopefully the Sox hitters will be patient, wait for a good pitch to hit and wear Zito down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker