Sunday, January 04, 2004

"Rose he knows he's such a credit to the game, but the Yankees grab the headlines every time."

- Billy Joel, "Zanzibar", 52nd Street, 1978

I was listening to that song on the iPod in the car yesterday. Think Billy regrets that he wrote that line?

Rose's new autobiography, "My Prison Without Bars" comes out this week. Cry me a river, Pete. Supposedly, Rose admits to having gambled on baseball in the book. I've long said that if he admits that he did it and begs for forgiveness, he should be reinstated for eligibility for the Hall of Fame. I want to see what he actually says in the book, but I still stand by that position. He's also supposed to be on Primetime Thursday this week at 10 PM and will admit to the gambling.

More on this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker