Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The curse is over.

The Red Sox swept the St. Louis Cardinals tonight, winning their first World Championship since 1918. The disappointments of 1946, '48, '49, '72, '74, '75, '78, '86 and 2003 are now a thing of the past.

The Sox followed up the greatest comeback ever over the Yankees in the ALCS with a crushing defeat of the Cardinals. The Cards never led in the series, and the Red Sox outplayed them in every facet of the game. The pitching was phenomenal, with Schilling, Pedro and Lowe giving up no runs in 20 innings and the incredible Keith Foulke, who gave up only one run and finished all four games. Manny Ramirez won the MVP.

My first reaction was elation, but it feels almost surreal. It's almost like I'm dreaming and I'm afraid to wake up. I'm so used to having baseball seasons end in disappointment, I'm having trouble figuring out how to act. I think it'll take a day or two for all this to sink in. But this is a day I've waited for all my life and it's just such an incredible feeling.

Congratulations, Red Sox! World Champions!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker