Saturday, December 11, 2004

Well, I’ve now been sitting here for nearly and hour and a half in the Red Sox “virtual waiting room” trying to get a Sox Pak. No luck so far. And now (10:26AM) the Opening Day Paks have sold out.

Hanukkah started a few of nights ago. The kids, naturally, look forward to it and were pretty excited with their first presents. I’m pretty excited with mine, too.

I got a new 40GB iPod Photo It’ll replace my 5GB 1st generation iPod, which was rapidly running out of space. I only had room for about 50-60 more songs on it (I’ve got 1,200). I’ve also got a bunch of stuff on CD that I would like to have on my iPod that I didn’t have space for. The new iPod will hold up to 10,000 songs, so that should keep me going for a while.

The other thing about the iPod is that it displays photos on the color screen built into the device, or you can hook it up to a TV. You can even do photo slide shows set to music. The color screen also really makes the interface come alive as compared to the black & white screen in the non-photo iPod models.

The iPod needed to be charged last night, so I haven’t tried out any of this yet, but I’ll write more about it when I’ve had a few days to play around with it.

My surprise gift was a set of Topps Red Sox World Series Champion commemorative baseball cards. It’s a really nice set with cards for each post season game, regular season highlights and cards for each player.

Thursday was my Dad’s 70th birthday. He and my Mom went out to Vegas to celebrate and are returning to Florida today. I consider my family truly blessed that my folks are both healthy enough and have the means to travel and do the things they want to enjoy their retirement. Happy Birthday, Dad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker