Sunday, January 23, 2005

Well, we got about 2 feet of snow from what is being dubbed the Blizzard of '05. I spent a good chunk of the afternoon shoveling out the driveway. I can really feel it in my shoulders and legs. The only good news was that it was light, fluffy snow so it was pretty easy to move around.

My other big accomplishment for the weekend was hooking up a wireless network in my house. I used Apple's Airport network cards in both the iBook and the eMac, and bought an Airport Express base station. So now I can have wireless high speed Internet access through both computers, I can print wirelessly, share files and do some other cool stuff. For example, I can play iTunes songs that are on the eMac through the iBook.

The reason for hooking up a wireless network was so that R. could get on the Web easily after her surgery. She likes to play on some of the kids sites - Nick Jr., Playhouse Disney and such, so this will give her something else to do while she's laid up.

Pats game is started. They're up 3-0 about half way through the 1st quarter. The Eagles already beat the Falcons, so whoever wins this game will face Philadelphia in Jacksonville for the Super Bowl. Pats just made a nice stop on 4th and 1, then Brady threw a 60 yard touchdown to Dieon Branch. 10-0 Pats.

Oil Can Boyd announced that he was going to try out for the Brockton Rox next season. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Can pitch. I used to love seeing him pitch for the Sox, and he was such a character. You were always wondering what he would do next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker