Friday, April 15, 2005

I continue to amazed by the kindness of our friends as we get closer to my surgery. I'm first case in the morning, which means I need to be at the hospital at 6 AM! Our original plan was for me to take a cab in and A. would drive in after she got the kids off to school, meeting me after surgery. I wasn't enthusiastic about this plan for obvious reasons. I didn't really want to go to the hospital alone, but it was all we had.

So a couple of days ago, a friend of ours (who has two kids of her own, I'll add. One of them is R.'s best friend), offered to come by the house at 5 in the morning and get the kids off to school so A. can take me into the hospital.

I'm overwhelmed by this generous act. It means more than I can say to have A. there with me at the hospital. So, thanks to this friend. I'll never forget it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker