Saturday, March 25, 2006

I went to the San Francisco Chronicle's web site to get more information about Barry Bond's lawsuit against the writers of Game of Shadows. When I went to the site, the banner ad at the top of the page was for McGuire Real Esate.

The interesting thing about Bonds' lawsuit is that he isn't suing the writers of the book for libel, as you might expect. He is suing to force them to divest their profits from the book because they obtained the grand jury testimony illegally.

This speaks volumes to me. The reason he isn't suing the writers for libel is that he would have to prove that the allegations they made in the book aren't true. I don't think he can do that, which is why he is resorting to this.

On another topic, I downloaded my first show from the iTunes Music Store. When I recorded the Battlestar Galactica episode Downloaded, either something was wrong with my DVR or with the SciFi Channel feed. So I decided to spend the two bucks to get it instead of waiting for a rerun.

It was an interesting experience. I don't have a video iPod, so I watched the show on my computer. The video quality was only so-so, although the sound was fine. It's not something I would do on a regular basis, but in a pinch to watch something I may have missed and really wanted to see, it's not a bad alternative.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger The Hey said...

As someone that does own a video IPod, I have downloaded a few shows here and there to try it out and the picture quality is much better on the Ipod than watching it thru iTunes on your computer. However the drawback is that the screen is, of course, really small . To me it's worth it if you missed an episode in a pinch or get a show for free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker