Wednesday, April 19, 2006




One thing I'm noticing watching the MLB Extra Innings package is that most of the local announcers are real homers. I got the DC feed of the Phillies-Nationals game (great game - won by the Phils 7-6 in extra innings). These guys were openly rooting for the Nats well beyond what I'm used to. Remy and Orsillo certainly favor the Red Sox, but they're not afraid to criticiize them when necessary. These guys were almost embarrassing, they were gushing over the Nationals players so much.

It's been fun, though. I certainly feel like I'm getting my money's worth after a couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cohen and Hernandez (Mets) certainly aren't homers like the Braves announcers are. Hernandez has been all over Jose Reyes' case tonight, saying that he should (as Ted Williams said) hit the top half of the ball. Reyes isn't doing that, and is getting it from Keith.

(But yeah, for the most part, most announcers are shameless homers)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker