Sunday, April 02, 2006

Greetings from Opening Night. White Sox and Indians are 0-0 after a half inning, in case you're interested.

I drove J. over to a friend's house for a playdate today. His friend's dad was participating in his baseball fantasy league's draft.

Most people are surprised, given my baseball fanaticism, that I don't have a fantasy team. I participated in a league for a couple of years with some friends, but dropped out last season.

I just never really got into managing a fantasy team. One of the things I love about baseball is the ebb and flow of the six month season. The long season allows things like a Houston Astros team that was 15 games under .500 early in the year to end up in the World Series. I found that focusing on my fantasy team and the individual players in our league took away from following the bigger picture of the pennant races. I felt like I was missing something, which is why I quit.

One of the great things about the beginning of the season is the return of NESN's Don Orsillo and Jerry Remy. I could go on for a while about them, but I think this says it as well as anything I could put together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker