Friday, June 30, 2006




A great pitchers duel between Curt Schilling and Tom Glavine (co-star of the greatest Nike commercial ever) was punctuated by one of those once-in-a-decade catches by Coco Crisp.

David Wright hits a line drive to center that appeared sure to tie the game and Coco comes out of absolutely nowhere, takes off like he should be wearing a red "S" on his chest instead of the words "Red Sox" and snags the ball out of the air when it was practically past him.

The catch was one of those that every one of the 36,000 in attendance at Fenway last night (including my friend Bismo) will remember forever. Just amazing.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Bismo said...

I must say, this may have been the latest I've ever had to wait to get to my first Fenway game of the season, but in the end it was probably the best baseball game I've seen in person in many, many years! Great pitchers' duel for 5 innings, then some HRs, some Red Sox SMALL BALL (love it!!)... The Catch, a Papi HR, and Papelbon (first time I've seen him "live")... weeeee-doggie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker