Sunday, June 18, 2006

Big week this week. I'm getting my follow-up test for thyroid cancer on Friday. Prior to that, I'm getting shots of Thyrogen in my rear end Monday and Tuesday. Then I get a radioactive "tracer" dose on Wednesday. This gets absorbed by any thyroid cells that might be remaining and shows up on the scan. The diet has gone OK, although I would kill for a pizza or a pint of Ben & Jerry's right about now. I'll know Friday how the test went.

The Evil Empire lost again today, with rookie Ryan Zimmerman hitting a 2 run, walkoff homer in the bottom of the 9th for a 3-2 Nationals win. Rivera wasn't available, so he hit it off starter Chien-Ming Wang. Torre was obviously hesitant to go to anyone in his bullpen.

So, if Schilling can beat Smoltz tonight, the Sox will be back in first place. They're up 1-0 early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker