Thursday, June 08, 2006

This was going to be a longer entry, but Blogger was down for a while and it's too late to get into anything extended. I did want to bring up this article, from the Boston.com Business Filter Weblog.

Yes, iPods are now more popular than beer among college students. It's the first time in 10 years that beer has been knocked out of the top spot. So it got me to thinking: which could I live without - beer or my iPod?

I gave it a lot of thought and I decided that if I had to do without one, it would be beer. I don't really drink all that much anymore; I might have a beer or two on the weekends or if I'm out with friends. My iPod, on the other hand, is my constant companion; on my commute, at work, in the car, when I'm out walking. I have become addicted to the podcasts that I listen to and the concept of having my music with me anytime I want it.

10 or 15 years ago, my answer might have been different. Of course, I'm happy that I don't have to make the choice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker