Thursday, June 22, 2006



I placed my first-ever order from Cafe Press a few days ago. The Hey had set up a store for my science fiction group, the USS Christa McAuliffe. I had bought a new T-shirt for the Shore Leave convention and the McAuliffe's 20th anniversary celebration in a couple of weeks.

However, instead of an ash grey McAuliffe shirt, I got a bright yellow "US Chaplains Corps" T-shirt instead. And, as J. pointed out, I'm not even a rabbi.

So I called Cafe Press customer service. I spoke to a very nice woman, who apologized profusely and said they would send me another shirt in two days. She also said that she didn't want me to waste time and money sending back the wrong shirt. Of course, I'm not quite sure what I'll do with a US Chaplains Corps shirt, but I'll come up with something.

I'm watching Roger Clemens return with the Houston Astros tonight. Roger is losing to the Twins 2-0 in the 4th. He looks pretty good, although he ran into some trouble in the 3rd. Young Francisco Liriano looks very impressive so far, pretty much shutting down the Astros early.

Tomorrow is a big day. I have my thyroid scan in the morning. After that, I'm off to Fenway for a "Great Fenway Writers Lunch" with Bill Lee and Joe Castiglione. Then we have an open house at the kids camp, topped off by the 25th anniversary of The Longest Game at McCoy Stadium in the evening. Hopefully, I'll get good news from the doctor and move on to a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker