Friday, September 15, 2006



Here's one thing to check out, and one to avoid.

Some local college girls have started The Lester Project. They are selling those silicone bracelets - similar to the yellow Livestrong bracelets you see everywhere - in honor of Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester. Procedes from the bracelets will go to the Jimmy Fund.

This is a great idea and hopefully both helps Jon Lester's morale and raises some money for the Jimmy Fund. The project has been mentioned in the Boston Globe, Herald and on NESN. The bracelets aren't available for sale yet, but will be soon. Keep an eye on the Web site for more information.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I subscribed to a new Star Trek podcast called Spock's Diner It had been mentioned on my favorite podcast, Look at his Butt, so I decided to check it out.

Typically, I give a new podcast two episodes before I decide whether to keep subscribing. In this case, I made it through a mere seven minutes of this one (out of a 32 minute episode). The two hosts were simply so annoying, I couldn't take it anymore. So Spock's Diner gets a big thumbs down from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker