Sunday, April 15, 2007

J. and I were supposed to meet my oldest friend and his son for the Red Sox-Angels game today, but it didn't work out. A big Nor'easter hit and the game was postponed.

I was doubly disappointed by this because today is the 60th anniversary of Jackie Robinson breaking the color line with the Dodgers in 1947. This was one of the great events, not only in baseball history, but in American history. The Red Sox, of course, were the last team to integrate and had a horrible racial history under the Yawkey regime. So, I was looking forward to seeing what the Sox were going to do to honor Robinson.

One nice tribute that happened across baseball today was that six teams and more that 200 players wore number 42 in honor of Jackie Robinson. I was watching the Dodgers-Padres game and all the Dodgers were wearing number 42. It was great to see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker