Thursday, June 28, 2007

As promised after yesterday's detour, here are my 2007 NL All-Star selections.

1B: Prince Fielder, Brewers: There were a few good choices here including Ryan Howard and Albert Pujols, but I love watching Fielder play, he's leading the league in home runs and I'm rooting for the Brewers in the NL this summer.

2B: Chase Utley, Phillies
3B: Miguel Cabrera, Marlins
SS: J.J. Hardy, Brewers: All three of these guys filled the same profile for me. They all had very good stats for their position and are young players I would like to see get a chance in the All-Star game.

C: Russell Martin, Dodgers: I was going back and forth between Martin and Bengie Molina and finally settled on Martin, who has better offensive numbers.

OF: Matt Holliday, Rockies; Ken Griffey, Reds; Carlos Lee, Houston Lee and Holliday had very good offensive numbers. Junior is having a good year and gets a bit of a lifetime achievement boost on my ballot.

That's it! Balloting closes tonight. I'm sure we'll hear the final results in the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker