Thursday, September 27, 2007

Worst. Train ride. Ever.

Actually, it was the second worst. Tonight, I got on the 5:30 train out of South Station. I was to pick up J. at his baseball clinic, and then meet A. and R. at the kids school open house.

Never happened. According to the conductor, the state police were chasing some guy in the Brighton rail yards. So we sat in place near Boston University for nearly two hours. The train was supposed to arrive in Framingham at 6:21. Got there at 8:10. So I spent 2 hours and 40 minutes sitting on the train.

It was very frustrating. At least I had my iPod and a book to entertain myself, and A. was able to get the father of one of J.'s friends, who was also at baseball, to take him over to the school.

In case you're wondering, the worst train ride ever happened in December of 1990. An Amtrak train crashed into the commuter rail train I was riding at the time, injuring around 400 people. I was shaken up, but not injured.

So tonight wasn't as bad as that. Hopefully, it will be a long time before I experience another 2 hour delay, though.

On another topic, remember a couple of weeks ago when I mentioned that I'd love to see the Colorado Rockies in the playoffs? Well, the Rockies have run off 10 wins in a row and are now only a game out of the wild card. They trail the Padres, and are 0.5 games behind both the Mets and Phillies, who are now tied for first in the East. Should be an interesting weekend.

1 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Blogger Japanese Masshole said...

I was like "How could this not be the worst!?!?", but after I read through it made sense. Man... it must have been quite a living hell.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker