Monday, October 08, 2007

As I'm writing this, it's the top of the 7th in game 4 of the Cleveland-New York ALDS, with the Yankees down 6-2.

If it were up to me, the Yankees would win this game, and game 5 would be a 15-14, 17 inning slugfest, totally draining both bullpens. And I don't really care who wins.

Yeah, I'm pretty indifferent as to who we play. Both teams have strengths and weaknesses. The Tribe has Sabathia and Carmona at the top of the rotation. The Yankees have that relentless offense, which is why I wouldn't be comfortable with a four run lead after six innings if I was Eric Wedge. They can put a big crooked number up in a hurry.

The point is, I feel good about the Red Sox. Everyone is rested. Papi and Manny appear to be hitting one of their unstoppable grooves. I feel good about the bullpen, Delcarmen, Timlin, Okajima and Papelbon specifically. Beckett and Schilling are more than reliable starters. Hopefully the rest Wake has gotten will get him back into the groove he was in before the back injury.

I'm confident the Sox can be competitive regardless of whether Cleveland or New York comes out the winner of this series. But it would be nice if they would beat the crap out of each other in the meantime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker