Saturday, May 31, 2008

It feels like the '80s all over again.

I'm a student at Northeastern. I'm writing this on an Apple IIe and uploading it to Compuserve on a 300bps modem. I walk, take the T or ride my bike everywhere because I don't own a car. Ronald Reagan is president. I do my banking at Bank of New England. Shopping can be done at Jordan Marsh, Filene's, Caldor, Bradlees or Lechemere.

And the Celtics are playing the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Boston put all the talk about not being able to win on the road to sleep with last night's stirring comeback win. The New Three came up big. James Posey will never have to buy a beer in this town again, seeming to be everywhere on defense in the fourth quarter.

It's on to the Finals for the first time since 1987. See ya Thursday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker