Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A few things as the Sox try to overcome the meltdown by Delcarmen and Hansen in game 3 of the Tampa series...
  • You know those "Most Interesting Man in the World" commercials? They're really about William Shatner.
  • I was browsing around iTunes last night (mostly to buy the brilliant Pixar short, Presto, they are showing in front of the equally brilliant Wall-E - for $2 I couldn't pass it up), and I came across some tracks from the band Boston. I had at least two of their three albums on vinyl back in the '70s, so I picked up six tracks and had an arena rock morning on the way to work. I may have to go back and complete the albums sometime soon.
  • Yahoo! Sports Steve Henson hands out midterm report cards to all 30 teams. He generally got it pretty right, from the A+ for the Rays to the F's for Seattle, Colorado and San Diego. It's kind of amazing that the F's went to last year's NL pennant pennant winner, the team that lost to them in a one-game playoff to determine the wild card, and a team with a $117 million payroll pretty much everyone expected to contend this year.
  • My additions to the disappointing list: Cleveland (10 games under .500), Mets, Braves and Tigers (although they finally got to .500).
  • Sox just got swept. They're 3.5 games back. I never thought I would be happy to get out of Tampa to go to Yankee Stadium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker