Friday, October 09, 2009

It was a crazy week, so I haven't had much of a chance to blog about the post-season. I don't have much to say about the game 1 loss against the Angels, but here are two quick non-baseball stories from the week.

  • T-alerts work! I get an email and a text from the MBTA whenever trains on the Worcester/Framingham line are delayed. Most times, they come too late to do me any good, but this wasn't the case on Wednesday. I woke up early to take the 6:25 AM train to work, since I had something I had to get done by noon. When I started up the computer, there was an email from the T, saying that my train was running 10-15 minutes late. A few minutes later, another email arrived saying that the delay was up to 20-25 minutes. I decided to drive in. When I got to work, there was a third email saying that the train had been canceled. Although it cost me a few bucks, the email saved me untold aggravation and possibly missing my deadline.
  • Tech support...not so much: I needed to get my password changed for a database I have to access, so I submitted a tech support ticket. About a half-hour later, a man with an accent on a bad phone connection left me my new password. After listening to the message twice, I figured out what he was saying, reset my password and was good to go. About 20 minutes later, another gentleman with an accent on a bad phone connection calls me and asks if I'm having trouble accessing the database. I told him no, someone had already called me and I was all set. About an hour later, I tried to access the database again, and it told me my password was incorrect. I tried a couple of more times and realized what had happened. The second guy had reset my password again. Stop helping me, Help Desk!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker