Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm just finishing up one of the worst sports books I've ever read. Yes, it's "Juiced", by Jose Canseco.

It's really terrible. It's poorly written, and he advocates using steroids throughout the book. He says that "properly used", they can be a great benefit. He can't understand why they're classified as a prescription drug. Guess what, Jose, it's because people abuse them! They can damage your health if you don't use them properly!

My favorite inconsistency is this one. Jose complains that, in the late '80s, he lost a million dollar endorsement deal from Pepsi because Thomas Boswell wrote in the Washington Post that he was on steroids. Which he was. So he lost the deal for something that he was actually doing. I'm having a difficult time having a lot of sympathy for him.

Anyways, stay away. The only upside for me is that I got it out of the library and didn't pay $26 for it.

I saw Revenge of the Sith on Monday. Liked it a lot, but I'd like to see it again before I do a long review.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker