Friday, May 20, 2005

I can hardly believe it, but I blew off Star Wars Episode III: Attack of the Clones tonight.

I'm finding that with the thyroid replacement I'm currently on that I don't have a lot of stamina. I have good days and bad days, and today at 8:45 AM I was already dragging, so I emailed The Hey to tell him that I probably wouldn't make it tonight. So I'm sitting here watching the Sox-Braves and feeling slightly sorry for myself.

Once I do the radioactive iodine (around the end of June), they'll put me on a different thyroid pill which should work a lot better. The surgeon told me this was not unusual, and that once I get on the permanent pill I should feel better. It's still frustrating, though.

Well, I have to get a good night's sleep tonight, because I'm going to my first two games at Fenway for the season over the weekend. Tomorrow night, A. and I are going to see game two of the Boston-Atlanta series in the .406 Club. My boss gave me the tickets (and a parking pass!), so we're getting a babysitter and are going to enjoy the night in style. I'm not a big fan of the .406 Club; being behind the glass up there is kind of like watching the game on the biggest, clearest TV you've ever seen. But it's fun once in a while.

Sunday I'm going back with J., my father-in-law and brother-in-law. J. is really looking forward to it.

The next month or so is pretty baseball filled, actually. After the two games this weekend, I have the Monster seats on June 1, the Pawsox luxury suite on the 4th, our first Worcester Tornadoes game on the 12th and then back to Fenway to see the Sox play Cincinnati on the 15th. Should be fun!

Last night was Art & Author night at the kids school. The kids both produced an illustrated book, and we also got to see some artwork that was posted outside their classrooms. Both of the kids books were great. J.'s was about his favorite sports, baseball, soccer and Tae Kwan Do. R's was about my recent birthday. My favorite part of R.'s book was where she wrote that she was dreaming of cake, then drew a picture of her in bed with a thought baloon over her head with a drawing of a piece of cake it it. Very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker