Thursday, May 05, 2005

I went back to work yesterday and made it through most of the last couple of days. I'm really worn out by the end of the day, so I'm seriously considering taking Friday off and having three more days of rest. Hopefully by Monday I'll be feeling closer to my old self and be able to get through a whole day.

I'm greatly enjoying the Fall of the Evil Empire. The Yankees are fighting to stay out of the cellar against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays tonight, and they're currently losing 3-2 in the last of the 5th. The Yankees haven't been 5 games under .500 since 1995.

And Aubrey Huff just drove in a run to make it 4-2 D-Rays.

By the way, doesn't Aubrey Huff have just about the worst name for a baseball player ever? He sounds like he should be an English butler, not a first baseman.

Bronson Arroyo spun a gem for the Sox today, bringing a no-hitter into the 7th and getting a 2-1 win over the Tigers in Detroit. Big Papi came up with an RBI double in the top of the 9th to break a tie and get Arroyo the win. Keith Foulke pitched a 1-2-3 9th for his 3rd save in three days. It's great to see Foulke getting back to form, since he had been stuggling the first month of the season.

I did listen to Bruce Springsteen's newest album, Devils & Dust. It's a great album, but you won't find any "Born in the USA" type rock anthems. Springsteen's songs are very personal and sung in a variety of styles. I really enjoyed it, and I recommend it if you're a fan of The Boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker