Thursday, January 19, 2006

Is it possible to be surprised and not surprised at the same time?

That was pretty much my feeling when I heard on the radio tonight that Theo Epstein was returning to the Red Sox. I was surprised because I wasn't expecting the timing of the announcement, but not surprised because I thought the announcement itself was inevitable.

It wasn't even really much of an announcement. The Sox simply said that Theo will return to the Red Sox in a full-time baseball operations capacity, details of which will be announced next week.

So is he coming back as the GM? Do Ben and Jed get demoted? Does he come back in some way that puts him between Cherington and Hoyer and Larry Lucchino? Does he report to Lucchino at all, or directly to John Henry?

All questions that I suppose will be answered next week. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker