Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's been kind of an unusual week. My father-in-law had heart bypass surgery last week. He fortunately came through it very well. He's still at the hospital in the cardiac unit, but we're hoping he'll get to come home before the weekend. A. has been spending a lot of time visiting him and I'm hoping to head over for a bit during lunch tomorrow.

Also last week, the woman who sits in the cubicle next to me at work was hit by a car and killed while walking near her home last week. Needless to say, everyone was shocked by the news. She was only 45 years old. When you say goodbye to someone at the end of the day, you don't expect to hear that the person is dead the next morning. News like this really puts life in perspective.

Sorry to dump all this bad news on you, but it was something I felt like I had to get out. Back to the fun stuff next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker