Thursday, January 07, 2010

Thinking healthy thoughts as we start 2010:
  • I'm just starting a new exercise program: I am walking on the treadmill in my basement while I watch all 11 Star Trek movies plus all the DVD extras. I figure that the movies average about 2 hours each, with average of an additional 2 hours of extra features with each film, for a total of 44 hours. My plan is to get through all the movies by April 3, the day before the Red Sox and Yankees open on ESPN. That works out to an average of about 28 minutes per day. I started on January 1 and I finished Star Trek: The Motion Picture (but not the extras). I'll let you know how I do!
  • I met with my endicrinologist yesterday for my annual follow-up appointment after my bout with thyroid cancer in 2005 (many of my blog entries from that year deal with the topic). The news was great: a small node on the left side of my neck that we have been following hasn't grown or changed in years, so I'm able to go from having an annual ultrasound exam to doing it every three years. There doesn't appear to be anything else to be concerned about, so I just need to keep taking my daily pill and see him once a year.

3 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Bismo said...

Great news, Howard!!

 
At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Susan O. said...

Welcome to my world! I found that the TV episodes are a perfect treadmill workout - @ 45 minutes each, which was 3-4 miles for me. 79 original, x Next Gen, x DS9.... a lifetime of motivation. Because Allie takes karate at the gym, I'm on the elliptical 1-2 x a week now, so no episodes - but I geekily admit to having a SF track on my iPod - all SF related music, including, of course, three different versions of ST themes.

I sympathize on the thyroid, too. My dad had thyroid cancer the other year, and mine has already failed. Keep up the screenings!

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Diane said...

That is indeed great news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker