Friday, May 14, 2010

I'm not a hockey fan. I don't really follow the Bruins other than to hear the score on the radio or see it online when I'm perusing Boston.com. I couldn't name 10 NHL players. I find the game almost unwatchable on TV, although I enjoy watching hockey in person. In 1,038 previous posts on my blog, I have mentioned the Bruins exactly five times.

All that said, I couldn't let the Bruins epic fail pass without mentioning it. Proving how much hockey means to me, I wasn't even home to watch the game. We had tickets to see the Framingham High School production of my favorite musical, "Guys 'n Dolls", so that's where we were tonight (the kids were great, by the way). The Hey provided me with game updates via text, so I knew just after the game ended that the Bruins had blown not only the 3-0 lead in the series, but also a 3-0 lead in game 7.

I think the Bruins have actually topped the pre-'04 Red Sox in finding creative and improbable ways to lose. I have to think this loss feels as bad, or worse, to Bruins fans as Bucky "Bleeping" Dent, the '86 Mets or Aaron Boone felt to Red Sox fans.

One thing, though. Good on the Flyers for not rolling over when it would have been easy to do so (see James, Lebron).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker