Wednesday, July 27, 2005

OK, so I can be a bit of dope sometimes.

I have been trying to go for a walk every day so that I don't turn into a complete blob with my slo-mo metabolism over the last few months. Today I was feeling pretty good after my first pill, so I decided to walk a bit further than I normally do. It was also very hot - in the '90s and humid. I'm guessing you can see where I'm going here.

Yes, I made it 2/3 of the way through my walk and my left leg started cramping up. I couldn't go any further so I had to call A. to come get me. I was really embarrassed and felt really stupid. At least now I know what I can handle, so I'll adjust. But I still feel pretty dumb.

A few other topics to cover:

- Matt Clement took a scary line drive to the head last night off the bat of Carl Crawford. Unbelievably, he seemed just fine today. I just saw him interviewed on NESN and he said if he was cleared medically that he wanted to take his next start! With a couple of off-days coming up, I wouldn't be surprised to see him skip his next start as a precaution.

- Last night was really a gut check game for the Sox, though. They gave up a 5-0 lead after Clement left, but wound up winning 10-9, with Johnny Damon providing the late game heroics. Damon made a spectacular game saving catch in the 9th, then hit a home run leading off the 10th. The Sox could have easily become distracted after what happened to Clement, but they managed to shake it off and take it to the D-Rays.

- Today, Tim Wakefield came up big with 7.1 bullpen saving innings. He looked great, giving up one run before giving way to Chad Bradford and Schilling. Alex Cora even hit a home run!

- How comfortable can it be for Phil Nevin in San Diego? They trade him to the Orioles for Sydney Ponson, and he exercises his no-trade clause and vetoes the trade. I also can't figure out what the Orioles were going to do with Nevin. They have Palmiero at 1st and Melvin Mora at 3rd. I would imagine they had something else set up to get some pitching, but it just seemed kind of odd.

- I finished reading Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince over the weekend. More excellent stuff from J.K. Rowling. She's constructed such an intricate, believable universe for Harry you really got sucked right in. I literally couldn't put the book down for the last 150 pages. I'm not going to give out any spoilers, but she's really set things up for the ultimate final battle with Voldemort in the last book. The only thing that stinks is that we'll probably have to wait two years for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker