Sunday, April 22, 2007

Gratefully borrowed from The Hey. Think you can stand 50 questions about me? The answers are pretty much honest…

1. Introduce yourself:
Cap’n Ho: Red Sox Fan, Sam Adams Man (Harry Carey used to do ads that said “Cubs Fan, Bud Man”. I think this is the Boston equivalent)
2. It’s Wednesday at noon, where are you usually doing?
Working. I usually don’t go to lunch until 12:30 or a bit later. It seems to make the afternoon shorter.
3. What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
Usually Tide. We get it in those jumbo boxes at BJ’s.
4. What brand of shampoo is in your shower right now?
Pert.
5. Did you ever get into a bar and drink before you were 21?
The drinking age was 18 back then, so 21 wasn’t really an issue. In the spirit of the question, however, The First and Last Chance Saloon in Pawtucket, RI wasn’t too diligent about carding people back in the day.
6. What countries have you been to?
Canada, South Korea, Aruba.
7. Do you watch MTV anymore?
No.
8. What do you think about Oprah?
Can’t say I ever give Oprah a lot of thought. I liked her in The Color Purple
9. What’s your favorite mixed drink?
I’m not typically a big mixed drink guy, but I’d go with a gin and tonic. The only problem is that they give me nasty hangovers.
10. You need a new pair of jeans… what store do you go first?
Land’s End online.
11. Did you ever watch The O.C.?
No
12. What kind of car do you drive?
2004 Honda Element
13. Honestly, is that car insured?
Yes.
14. Do you like sushi?
Certain kinds, but raw fish really isn’t my thing.
15. Have you ever been to Tiffany & Co. or Saks 5th Ave?
I have been inside, but have never bought anything.
16. Did your parents spoil you growing up?
Not really. I always had everything I truly needed and quite a few things I wanted, but I was taught to understand the value of a dollar.
17. Do you like roller coasters?
Yes, but not crazy big ones. I’m more of a medium sized roller coaster fan.
18. What magazine(s) do you buy regularly or subscribed to?
The only magazine I get at the moment is the Baseball Hall of Fame’s Memories and Dreams, which they send out to members. My wife gets People and I usually page through it. Does that count?
19. Do you remember when the WB shows were popular?
I remember, sure, although I didn’t watch many of them.
20. When you go out do you prefer to go to a dance club or to a bar?
Bar. I’m not much of a dancer.
21. Would you ever run for elected office?
No, thanks. I’m not willing to put up with the amount of butt kissing politicians have to do.
22. Who do you think will be the next president?
It’s way too early to tell. I guess I’d pick Obama as an early favorite, but a lot can change over the next 18 months.
23. Are you registered to vote?
Yes.
24. Do you own an iPod?
I have two – a 40gb 4G iPod Photo and a 1G 512mb shuffle.
25. Is your bathroom filled with beauty stuff?
I wouldn’t say filled, but my wife and daughter have their fair share.
26. What kind of cologne/perfume do you wear?
Nuthin’.
27. Do you like Carrie Underwood?
I’m not a country music fan, but I liked her when she was on American Idol a couple of years ago.
28. Been to “The Vegas”?
No, although it’s on my list of places I would like to go.
29. How many CDs does your stereo hold?
CDs? Do people still use those? Seriously, I have a 5 CD changer.
30. Are you happy with your job?
Yes. I wouldn’t have been there for 15 years if I wasn’t.
31. Where do you work and what do you do there?
I’m an accountant for a Very Large Corporation.
32. What did you get in the mail today?
It’s Sunday. No mail today. We usually get bills and astonishing piles of junk mail.
33. How do you like your steak cooked?
Medium well.
34. Britney Spears?
What about her? If she didn’t have some modest singing and dancing talent, she’d be living in a big ol’ double-wide at the trailer park.
35. What do you usually order at Taco Bell?
I can’t remember the last time I ate at Taco Bell. I’m not even sure I ever have.
36. Have you ever sat all the way thru Gone With the Wind?
Yes.
37. Have you ever been to Mt. Rushmore?
No.
38. Is it just me, or was The Marine (w/John Cena) a really horrible movie?
Never saw it.
39. Are surveys like the cocaine of myspace/ live journal?
Um, can’t say I know enough about this to answer even semi-intelligently.
40. Where is your favorite place (that you have actually been to)?
Fenway Park. McCoy Stadium. Actually, pretty much anyplace there is a ball game going on.
41. What is your favorite candle scent?
Whatever my wife buys.
42. Do you believe places can really be haunted?
No.
43. Do you smoke cigarettes?
No.
44. Have you ever been to NYC or LA?
I have been to NYC many times, but have never been to LA.
45. What format radio station is your car stereo set to?
I usually listen to sports radio, but will occasionally listen to oldies if I don’t hook up my iPod.
46. Do you think 50 questions is enough?
Plenty.
47. Are you currently planning a trip?
We’re looking at a busy summer. We have a couple of outings to the Berkshires planned, a weekend at the beach in Rhode Island and a week in Pennsylvania. I’ll probably have to start thinking about tickets for our annual December trip to Florida soon, as well.
48. Is Ryan Seacrest gay?
Don’t think so.
49. Do you take sleeping pills?
Nope.
50. Have you ever googled your name and found out somebody famous or semi-famous shares your name?
No. I have a pretty unusual name.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker