Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Three quick thoughts:
  • If I owned a Major League Baseball team, my GM would have to really convince me why I would want to invest $60-75 million in an injury prone guy like A.J. Burnett. The guy is a very talented pitcher when healthy, but he turns 32 in January and his started 30 games exactly twice. I'm not sure I would be gambling my money on him.
  • Just when you think politics couldn't get any more sleazy, along comes Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich, who is being accused of offering to sell off his appointment to fill President-elect Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder. How can you trust any of these people to do the best thing for their constituents?
  • It was about 10 degrees outside when I left for work yesterday morning, and it's going to get up close to 60 tomorrow. Gotta love that New England weather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker