Wednesday, January 28, 2004

It's been really busy the last week, so I haven't had much time to post. Work has been incredibly hectic, so I've been getting home late. By the time we have dinner, get the kids to bed and relax a bit it's getting close to bedtime.

Speaking of work, you may have noticed that I don't talk about it much here, except in the most general terms. That's on purpose. I've heard a number of stories about people losing their jobs because they disclosed inappropriate information about their companies in a blog. Add to that the fact that I'm in a position to know inside information about the company, I've decided to avoid the whole topic by not talking about it here.

Somebody really needs to explain weather forecasting to me. Monday night, they were forecasting about a foot of snow for central Massachusetts. Then last night, they were talking 6-10 inches with the storm due to start around midnight.

So, what happens when I get up this morning? I look outside to see how much snow I have to shovel before I take my shower, and I notice there is NO snow on the ground. Not a flake! It did start snowing about when I left for the train, but we only ended up with about 2-3 inches of light, fluffy snow by the end of things.

So, with all the satellites and doppler radar and supercomputer models, why is it that weather forecasters aren't more accurate? Long range forecasts are even more of a joke. I often say that I know as much about the weather 5 or 7 days in advance as these people on TV do.

Not that I'm complaining we didn't get a foot of snow, mind you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker