Friday, January 23, 2004

We had our first visit from the Tooth Fairy last week. J. lost his first baby tooth and quite a bit of excitement ensued. R. really wanted to see the Tooth Fairy. When I told her that the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come if she was awake, R. suggested that she could hide under a blanket so she wouldn't be seen. I told her that the Tooth Fairy was magic, and would know if she was awake even if she was hiding. :-)

We discovered by asking around that the Tooth Fairy gives a bonus for the first tooth. $5 seemed to be the going rate, with a buck for every tooth thereafter. I remember getting a quarter for each tooth, and my father says he got a nickel. So, it seems that tooth prices go up 400-500% with each generation.

I went to the Bruins game last night. Hockey really isn't my sport anymore, although I do enjoy watching it in person. I couldn't have told you the name of one player on the Buffalo Sabres, the Bruins opponent last night, before the game.

The main reason I went was because I was invited to the John Hancock luxury box at the FleetCenter. It's tough to go back to sitting in regular seats after being in the box. Food and drink are provided, there are big, comfortable leather seats to watch the game along with a small living room area behind the seats. There's even a private (clean!) bathroom.

The Bruins played pretty poorly and lost 3-2. They started out really slowly in the first period and didn't really look like they were playing well until the end of the game. Of course, it was fun being with some of the folks from work and it was free, so I can't complain too much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker