Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Things went well in Memphis yesterday. I appeared before a judge and actually had to get sworn in, sit on the witness stand and answer a bunch of questions from the lawyer. We then went out to my aunt's house and looked around to see what was there. The house isn't in great shape, and it's not in a great neighborhood so it'll be interesting to see what we get for it.

We also decided that we didn't need to sell the car quite so quickly, and we couldn't find the title either. I'm going to head back to the house for a bit before I go home to make sure I didn't miss anything. I need to stop at the bank first to change the account names and addresses.

I did get my barbeque yesterday, as the lawyer took me to his favorite place, Neely's. As far as I can tell, everyone in Memphis seems to have their own favorite barbeque place and defend their opinions quite strongly. Neely's was very good - I had a pulled pork sandwich with an outstanding barbeque sauce. Maybe I'll try one of the other places on another trip.

The lawyer is a baseball fan, so he took me on a little tour of Memphis including a drive by Auto Zone Park, the home of the Memphis Redbirds. They're the Cardinals AAA affliate. The ballpark looked great from the outside - kind of a mini Camden Yards with lots of brick and exposed green painted steel. It's a shame it's not baseball season, as I would have loved to have seen a game there.

My flight is at about 4:30 and I'm looking forward to getting home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker